Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Microsoft Again:

It seems that Microsoft is about to take a hit within the European Union. The European Commission is expected to rule against Microsoft in a case similar to the American anti-trust suit. They are expected to fine them much more severely as well as ordering restrictions on their unfair trade practices. In Europe the case revolves around Media Player and Microsoft's' binding of it to their main operating system.

The tide seems to be turning for Bill Gates. Add these latest developments to the growing discontent worldwide with Microsoft and perhaps sometime in the future we can expect to be able to deal with them on a more equitable basis. Microsoft has for too long held us all by the throat. Improvements in Linux as well as Apple are helping to close the gap. I know my next computer will absolutely not be a Windows box as it would appear that no amount of customer dissatisfaction will make any difference to Microsoft. This demonstrates the real flaw in such a vast monopoly: They don't have to care about you and I. Now my only real decision is whether my next system is going to be Apple or Linux. I have heard about a few other operating systems but these two seem to be the main contenders. Any other suggestions? Let me know.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory