Sunday, January 25, 2004

Microsoft and Spam:

Looks like good ol' Bill Gates has come up with several ways of dealing with the dreaded spam. I'm sure his favortite is the plan to charge e-mailers for different classes of e-mail. It goes something like this: Once a client has received their e-mail, they rate it. Ones they like will be free to the sender, ones they don't will get a back charge depending on they degree of dislike. So I imagine that everyone will have to use Microsoft for their e-mail and set up appropriate accounts with them. As well, I'm sure there will be a fee for this service. Not bad, Bill will get you coming or going with this one.

I think I much prefer the random pattern generator style of spam removal as I imagine this would be more of a one-time fee type setup. Anyway you cut it, it would still be much better for everyone if laws were made along the same line as telemarketers who are supposed to stop calling you when notified that you don't want the calls. In the spam world this type of notification only ensures that you will get many more spams.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory