Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Microsoft Internet Keystone Cops:

Once again Microsoft is breaking new ground in stupidity. I attempted today to update my Media Player. Mistake!!! I have an extensice music CD library all of which are legally purchased and have had for years. In fact I do not possess so much as one illegally obtained song on my computer. Despite this fact Media Player will not let me play any of my music because it is not AUTHORIZED. I have now removed this edition of media player, should have known better.

Big tip Bill: Perhaps you guys should focus on the software and not your self-appointed internet policing as frankly the software alone leaves much to be desired. Maybe once you get the hang of programming you might expand to something more. In the meantime, entering into the world of music is really not working for you from my perspective. Perhaps wading into the music business is a mistake as you don't seem to be able to get it right. Oh, I get it, perhaps this is Compak's fault. Funny thats what Compak says about you.

I wouldn't have any problem with your efforts if you could get it right. Alas, tis not to be. While I don't support piracy it would seem that being exposed to piracy might be better than not have anyone buying any CDs at all. I very much enjoy being able to listen to my legally aquired music on my pc, but your latest version of Media Player prevents me from doing so. I guess you've solved the piracy problem by driving lawful listeners away in droves. Bravo.

Another fine example of Microsoft putting our needs ahead of their own. Hang on a second, weren't they in the business of solving the needs of their customers. Go figure.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory