Saturday, January 24, 2004

Ontario Drop Out Rate:

Looks like kids are dropping out or are expected to drop out at an alarming rate. According to studies this is because of the change from a five year system to a four. My problem with these studies is that you can't trust the figures and conclusions without knowing the procedures and variables used to get them. I can't help but wonder if any of the cuts lately might be a factor. Many students become easily bored with the day to day curriculum and use the extra curricular activities for motivation. Perhaps a little oranizational improvements and increased funding the numbers might drop. I actually liked the five year system as grade 13 in high school is much cheaper than the equivalent in university. In grade 13 I only had to buy my books as opposed to the thousands of dollars it would have cost me at university.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory