Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Nipplegate:

Can you believe the fuss being made about Janet's exposing her nipple during the Superbowl. It was a goofy move to say the least, but the amount of furor it has raised is to me quite astonishing. I am amazed at the seemingly unending series of mothers and fathers who when interviewed describe their horror as they watched with their children. Personally, I have more problem with the blatantly sexual movements made in modern teen music videos than I do with my children seeing a nipple. As the groundskeeper Willie says in the Simpson's Ahhh, it's no more than what the good lord gave me. I don't care one way or another how much nudity they show on daytime television. My kids aren't shocked at the sight of a human body and no one else's should be either. The body is the most natural thing in the world. I would however much prefer to see less blatant promiscuity among teens shown during kiddy hours. That's the kind of examples I'd rather not have my kids see.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory