Sunday, August 29, 2004

Open-Source:

Even the U.N is now pushing open-source software as a remedy for the problem of equipping developing nations with inexpensive solutions to their computing needs. I agree 100%. Hell, I want to use Linux just to get away from Microsoft. I'll figure it all out sooner or later. Hewlett-Packard is supposed to be selling Linux based boxes now. Maybe Apple is my best alternate choice. from everything I've heard, Apple seems to be a very good choice except for the price. I also don't know if they offer free support with your purchase or whether they make you subscribe to their service in order to fix the little glitches that seem to ship with every new system. If they do charge to fix the problems, just like Microsoft, then it is most unlikely that I would buy from them either.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory