Monday, September 06, 2004

A Day at the Spa?:

Where to start with this one, supposedly female cons were given a " day at the spa" recently in Kitchener. While I admit that this probably was very usefully as far as making the women less stressed, and I also admit that this is likely usefully as far as their overall rehabilitation, I do have a couple of problems with this. Most importantly would be my wife. You see, she hasn't had a visit to the spa. In fact she hasn't had a real vacation in 10 years. She works harder than almost anyone I know. She has only taken 1 day off work in sickness in all that time. She has probably taken 200 extra days work due to others illness in that time. She hasn't committed any crimes and her taxes pay for these institutions. My problem is ... what do I tell her? Should I suggest she break the law in order to get the same rights as these convicts. Do I say that these women, who broke the law and are being punished, have a harder life than she and as such deserve at little R & R. Where is her reward for her efforts? When does she get a trip to the spa for all her hard work? My problem is the fact that convicts in this country have better access to medical attention, education, therapy, counseling, legal advice and R & R than the rest of us. That's not to say that they shouldn't get these things. I'm only saying that if they do, then the rest of us law-abiding citizens should have access to at least the same!

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory