Thursday, September 16, 2004

NHL Lockout:

In a couple of words... who cares. These guys lost me a long time ago.Now don't get me wrong, I love the game of hockey, just not it's the current NHL. First it was the high sticks. It sets a hell of a bad example when kids, or anyone else for that matter, gets to see a grown up swinging a weapon at another human being with very little regard for the penalty, crime, or results on the other player. The fact that they get away with it makes it an even worse example. Next you get to pay fifty bucks, in Ottawa, for an eagle's eye view- A hundred or more if you actually want to see the puck. I admit I've taken my kids to a game- just so they could say that they had been to one. There's an awful lot of real good hockey players out there who would be more than happy to strap on the skates for a whole lot less than some of these guys are making. Check out a good junior game and you'll see faster hockey played by kids who are hungry and want to make it. And guess what, it's affordable. So fact is, I don't sympathize with the players or the owners. The owners have been sticking it to the fans for years instead of getting these outlandish salaries under control. This is one game that's going to really have to clean itself up before they're going to get my dollars. And enough already with the criminal weaponry, if someone wants to go to a full combat match they shouldn't be on the ice.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory