Saturday, November 06, 2004

Bell Sympatico and Bell Mobility

I've recently changed our ISP and cell phones to Bell. The reason for doing this was primarily due to the package deals they were offering at the time. I've come to regret the decision. Here's why. As for the internet, Sympatico has this annoying little habit of cutting our connection every thirty seconds during peak times, an experience that was not a problem in the three years that we were with Sprint. To the phones- The first of which was purchased at BellWorld last Dec.- eleven months ago. It is still well within the warrenty period. I went to their store the other day to enquire about the procedure for getting a sticking button fixed. I was informed that in order for me to find out if the phone did in fact qualify for warrenty service I would first have to pay with my credit card because the damage to the phone might be misuse or abuse and hence would not be covered under the warrenty. In other words, you are assumed guilty and charged accordingly in advance of any repairs making the warrenty quite useless in my view. The result, I have a very strong desire to end my relationship with Bell Mobility and return all three of their phones which I am now paying for. My understanding is that this is a tactic unique to Bell Mobility and I have been informed that this is not the practice of Rogers ATT. You be the judge!

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory