Monday, November 29, 2004

Firefox Continues to Climb

Close to a month has now gone by since I switched to Firefox as my default browser. I continue to be very pleased with the result. It appears that I am not the only one. 20% of the visitors to this site are now using Firefox as well. This is much higher than the 10% market share being reported in the press. I'm not sure what to make of this. Either the numbers being reported in the press are a little behind or there is a higher percentage of people who view these pages that are willing to take the chance or just plane fed up with Microsoft than the reported figures would suggest. In either case it pleases me a great deal. Microsoft, much like George Bush, needs to be taken down a couple of pegs and I'm more than happy to do my part in making that happen. I suppose I just don't like monopolies in any form. I prefer to see a lot of competition in order for all of us to get the best product available. This applies equally to governments and politics as well as corporations, especially corporations. My next PC is likely to be an Apple. This seems to be the best medium between Microsoft and Linux. I would be more inclined to try a pure Linux or Unix system if there was the same number of software packages available as Apple. Of course, that may all change by the time I'm forced to make the switch. Alternate operating systems are coming up fast which I find very refreshing after five years of frustration with Microsoft.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory