Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas

That's right, I said it, and I meant it. Not Happy Holidays, actually, Merry Christmas. Now I know this is not very politically correct of me but that's just the point. I don't think a person must actually be a Christian to wish someone a Merry Christmas. I also fail to understand why anyone would be offended by the use of the term. I am not offended when someone refers to Hanukkah. I am also not offended by Ramadan or any other celebration or holy period of any faith. So why should anyone be offended by the sentiment of wishing them a Merry Christmas. It's not like I'm saying that they should become a Christian nor am I insulting their faith in any way. So why shouldn't we all be able to support and even celebrate with our human brothers and sisters when they are enjoying a special day or period in their faith or culture. So I'll say again, Merry Christmas to all, whether you are Christian or not. Christmas is about the spirit of giving and enjoying friends and family. This applies to all people and faiths. For those who may not be Christians and who are also not celebrating Christmas, than I hope you all the success in whatever festival or celebration you may be enjoying at this time of year.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory