Wednesday, January 19, 2005

B.C. Under Water

The mudslides have come to B.C. What I could never understand is why people build houses right next to or right on top of unstable ridges. Of course one might think that local inspectors would have never allowed construction in such a location in the first place. But then again, I got taken in by something similar myself. In our case it's water. Our house is built about two feet lower than it should have been based on the local water table. In fact six houses in a row are built like that. The best part is that the water has been rising for ten years. Translation, two floods so far. So I guess that makes me just as big an idiot as everyone else. One thing is for certain, I won't make the same mistake twice!

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory