Sunday, February 13, 2005

Another Side Of Cocaine

One Columbian dead for every gram of coke used in the U.K. At least that's what the article reports. Actually, I don't have much problem believing this number although I had not really considered this before. The report hits the nail on the head in several regards. One of which is the concept that coke use is becoming more socially acceptable, at least for occasional use. I generally don't feel too bad at the reports of the deaths of people involved in the business as I feel that they should know the risks before starting down this path. The deaths that this report refers to are innocent bystanders for the most part. In other words, innocent people are dying because of one particular western pastime, coke. Probably the best reason I've ever heard to reduce, if not eliminate, the use of this drug in North America and elsewhere.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory