Thursday, February 03, 2005

Meanwhile, on the Pandemic Front

The situation with the bird flu virus appears to be getting worse. Vietnam is now asking for the international community's help in containing the disease. It looks to have jumped from person to person in some cases and has spread beyond Vietnam's borders. Last I read, they were saying two years before any vaccine could be developed. I can't say whether this is going to be the big one, so to speak, but I don't think that really matters. Has anyone noticed that the normal flu we get every year seems to be getting worse with each passing season. I caught one last month that was the grand daddy of all so far in my life. I think they are going to get worse yet, for whatever reason. The problem with the regular flu shot is it's always giving you a shot for last years flu, not necessarily the one you are going to get this year.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory