Wednesday, May 25, 2005

My Cavalier, Credit Where Credit is Due

Not so long ago I wrote of my problems changing a bulb on my Cavalier. I wasn't so impressed with the assembly in question. Today, someone smacked into me on a bike. The results included the partial removal of my passenger side rear view mirror. Suffice to say I had thoughts of the hundreds of dollars the part was sure to cost and the resulting hassles therein. When I got home and had a good look at the mirror I was startled to find that it in fact was not broken. It seems that Chev decided to change to a new type of mirror which is much more easily installed and repaired. The mirror quite literally popped back into it's ball and socket type housing. What an wonderfully pleasant surprise. I guess all is not as bad as I had thought when it comes to Chev's engineering decisions. So tip of the hat to a well thought out system on the Cavaliers.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory