Saturday, May 21, 2005

She Finally Marries the Kid

Remember the teacher caught having an affair with her twelve year old student? Ten years and many legal troubles later they have finally married. All in all a very strange story. It's seems certain that the kid in question has not changed his feelings in all this time. I don't think that at twelve I would have been ready for this kind of relationship with an adult. Mainly because of all the things that I would have missed about growing up with my friends. But this is not always the case. Some people are a lot more mature than others. What about those kids who don't fit right in? They don't generally enjoy the textbook high school experience complete with the Prom. They may be a lot more ready for life's adult experiences than your standard Prom King and Queen. I know as a kid of twelve or thirteen I probably would have been quite happy for an older more experienced woman to have shown me the ropes so to speak. No such luck! I had to stumble my way through it like everyone else. In any case. she has definately shown she is prepared to stick by her feelings and convictions. Maybe our prudish laws are flawed and don't leave room for the exceptions to the rule! Trouble is, the laws don't properly protect kids now, it would probably make the problem of child sexual abuse much more severe if the existing laws were made more liberal. So we're caught between these two truths. The truth of the kids like the one we are talking about. The truth of the kids like me, adult size at thirteen or fourteen and ready for the experience, or kids who at this age are very much still kids and are not ready for these types of experiences and need to be protected. I kind of like the rules the way they are now, which restricts sexual activity of young teenagers to kids within a few years of their own age. Seems the best compromise, even if it doesn't answer all the questions.

That is extremely interesting. I think i'll start posting on your site now.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:27 a.m.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory