Thursday, August 04, 2005

More Trouble for Muslims

It's getting worse, that is the backlash against the Muslim community over the bombings in this case. I'm not certain that this isn't what the terrorists want. More hatred being fermented between Muslims and others. The more that Muslims in general are discriminated, the more that they will be driven to more extreme forms of Islam. It's a chaotic cycle that must end. On that note, it's good to see that Saudi Arabia is starting to show more tolerance towards the Sufi movement. We must all learn to respect the beliefs of others so long as those beliefs don't state that one must go out and kill anyone who doesn't agree. I agree with the Sufis when they say that the path to enlightenment is through knowledge and understanding, not simply from blind obedience. If there is a God, then I'm certain we were not given intelligence as part of some cosmic joke. I'm sure we were meant to use our brains to discover all the wonderful gifts we have been given. We were meant to live in peace and not destroy the planet and ourselves in the process.

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Aisha, at 10:50 a.m.  

I have indeed heard of them. I haven't had a chance to go over some of their writings and poetry but your comment has reminded me of my intention to do so. Thanks for the reminder!

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 8:43 p.m.  

If you do make sure to read the translation written by Coleman Barks (for Rumi)... there's so many translators but after much research I've learned that Coleman is the one who keeps it truest to the spirit of the words.

By Blogger Aisha, at 12:42 a.m.  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 1:40 p.m.  

Thanks Again, I really appreciate the tips. I'll look for Barks' translations.

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 1:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory