Saturday, August 27, 2005

U.N. Differs with Britain

The U.N. says that Britain is violating it's agreements by deporting people to countries where they could be executed. Agreed! I might make an exception in this case. Simply stated, no country has the duty to harbor an individual who will incite hatred and counsel violence against others. As much as I support human rights, I don't support it to the point that innocent people are sacrificed to extremists. I seek a country that is at peace with itself and others. Extremism results in chaos, not positive change. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that doesn't mean the are right to inflict said opinion on anyone else through the use of murder. So, I support Britain's right to deport those it deems a threat to their security and democracy, although I would like to see them spend as much effort as possible to do so in such a manner where the person's life is not in imminent danger. Now if we could only get the extremists to show that same level of respect to us! In the end, I might think that the persons in question would consider how much they dislike having their lives threatened before they create those conditions in their adopted countries.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory