Monday, October 17, 2005

Earthquake Aid

By all reports, the amount of donations coming in for the earthquake relief has been slow at best. I'm reading all kinds of reasons for this, some of which may have validity. One reason might be the fact that many people associate Pakistan and Afghanistan with terrorism schools and a general lack of respect for other people's beliefs. I know many middle Eastern people in Ottawa, I'd have to say that this is not true in the majority of cases. I must also say that there are those who give the impression that they find me a lesser human because of my lack of being a Muslim and shun any contact with me and my crew whatsoever. I respect their view, but that doesn't prevent it from leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Whether we agree with this observation or not doesn't really make any difference, their are many innocent people there who are suffering because of the actions and beliefs of a few. First world nations must recognize their responsibility toward the other nations of the world. We are at a crossroads, where humans must choose to work together to save us all, or accept the concept of the species falling back into a new dark age. While this might satisfy some of the extremists, I doubt all their wives feel the same, not to mention the rest of us who hold out some hope for a better future for all peoples of the world. The point of all this is to ask anyone interested to give in any way they can to help our fellow humans in their time of need. Not all Middle Eastern people felt that Katrina was God's punishment for the heathen West, no more than those in the West feel that this Earthquake had anything to do with God's punishment of those who are killing innocents. If God is involved at all in this, it is likely only to test our ability to do something other than kill each other.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory