Friday, October 21, 2005

Kodak's Digital Path

Kodak is well on the way to it's digital transformation. It has not been painless, at least for me. You see, I am in a position to comment on the effort to date. I bought a Kodak Easyshare, complete with docking station, about a year ago. Shortly after buying it I realized that the focus and flask features were not working right. I couldn't get the flash to work right indoors. Upon calling Kodak, I was informed that I had to send it by mail for repairs and they would get back to me. This I found unacceptable. Service or exchange of a faulty product should be as easy as the purchase was. I didn't send it, I still have it, and I'll never buy another Kodak product as long as I live. Any product can be faulty or damaged, this can't be avoided. The manner in which a firm deals with that fact means everything and Kodak gets an F.

Which brings me to my Bell Mobility cell phone which stopped working properly about a year after I bought it. Not overly surprising because I work as a contractor, which can't be good for these phones. What I was surprised about was the fact that despite having purchased the extended warranty for three years, they wanted my credit card to send it in for repairs. Again I did not send it in protest to the fact that they now wanted more money from me, just in case. This is something that should be disclosed at the time of sale which would have changed my mind about the additional warranty which turned out to be worthless!

Now here's the real kicker, I bought both items at Bell World at the same time. Both ended up not working properly, one right away, one later. I have had several talks with Bell about the matter. The results, again less than satisfactory. I have since removed one of the three cell accounts I had with Bell. The others remain under contracts which haven't expired, but they do soon. Can anyone guess what my actions are going to be once they do?

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory