Monday, October 17, 2005

This is a Hoax

I've left this post in simply to illustrate the danger in taking e-mails too seriously. I wrote the post before checking on it's accuracy myself. Having checked, it was easy to identify it as such. I should have known better. I often receive these types of e-mail, mostly concerned with virus', yet I failed to check this one first. I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by it. Again, it is a hoax. There were all kinds of warning signs in the e-mail, yet I stupidly failed to see it until I checked it out. One of the clues is the fact that I hadn't heard of it until I read the e-mail. Had it been authentic I suspect I would have heard of this long ago. So, I've left it here as a warning to others to be vigilant in their efforts to check the facts before believing everything that people send you.



Koran (9/11) For it is written that a son of Arabia would
awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout
the lands of
Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still
more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah;
and there
was peace.

This passage was sent to me by an unknown person. I haven't yet confirmed it's accuracy. I would welcome comments on it's validity. If in fact it is accurate, it's kind of scary. While it doesn't suggest the Eagle is working on the behalf of any God, it does imply that in the end it will work for the best. If this is in fact in the Koran, Bin Laden et. al. might want to give it another read. In any case, it's enough for me to want to give it a perusal.

As it turns out, this is reportedly a hoax e-mail, the Koran does not include any referance to the word Eagle. I would still welcome any comments along the lines of what this passage really says. Thanks Again!

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 11:16 p.m.  

I just finished reading a simple English translation of the Quran.
You might be able to find the answer by talking to the Author.
www.holyquransimlpy.com
The author is Australian and i have contacted him myself for information.
I hope this helps you.
Regards,
Peter

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 a.m.  

Thanks Peter, I have in fact checked it out and you are perfectly right. I should have known better than to accept the mail as fact without checking. Big Mistake! It's one of the times I've felt most stupid in my life. I've left it in, editted, as a reminder to myself and others. So thanks again Peter. I hope I've re-learned a valuable lesson!

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 8:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory