Friday, November 11, 2005

A Couple of Environmental Notes

This is the first I've ever heard of this, wolves killing a human. I don't know why but this just never happens, until now.

I'm not sure I understand what the objection to the shipment of animals to Thailand from Kenya. These same animals are in zoos all over the world with little objection from most people. I for one would rather see them free and restrict our captive populations to those animals injured in the wild and for whatever reason can't be released back once they receive treatment. Simply put, none of these zoos has the space necessary to properly keep large animals. They always suffer mentally and are known to develop unnatural behaviors. This hold especially true for large predators and marine mammals. So if theses are the reasons for the objections than I agree, but id it's a matter of depleting the resource in Kenya, I fail to see the relevance.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory