Monday, January 02, 2006

Canada's DART Teams

It was ignorance really, that is my initial reaction to the deployment of DART to Pakistan. I assumed that the slowness of the response time would prevent them from being effective. I now believe I was most definitely wrong. It started with a recent McLeans article about their return to Canada. What has impressed me most is the comments from everyone else about their efforts. The people of Pakistan whom they have been helping are very sorry to see them go. An independent aid group from the U.S. is quoted in the piece about his impressions. He said that his own group was the bandaid and DART delivered long term assistance in the form of water, medical, and logistics support that in the end helped many thousands of people and saved uncountable lives. I suspect that the next time I hear of their deployment, I may not be any where near as critical of the time it takes to deliver this type of support. These folks exemplify the very upmost in Candian values and I'd have to say I would now support their use almost anywhere for the pure value that their presence brings to Canda's reputation in the rest of the world.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory