Friday, September 15, 2006

Pope Angers Muslim World

To tell you the truth, I didn't catch his speech so I can't make any clear statement about the words in question. The parts I have read don't sound very good. If they have not been taken out of context, I don't understand what he may have been trying to accomplish by quoting old emperors who will only anger the Muslim community. There has been so much good work by those attempting to bring the different religious followers of the world together in the common purpose of peace that it seems quite irresponsible for a public figure to incite this kind of response without very good reason. Again, I don't know all that he said that day or why but at this point in time, did we really need this?

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory