Saturday, October 07, 2006

Amish Seek to Forgive

What an incredible people. I've read recently that the Amish community is focusing it's attention at finding forgiveness in their hearts for the monster who killed their children. I doubt I could do the same. Their explanation is simple. Should they choose instead to harbor hatred in their hearts for the monster in question he will have not only stolen their children's lives but will also have poisoned their spirituality. They say that the only way to heal from this event is to find that forgiveness. And this after only a few days have passed since the tragedy. I can only say that these people are much more evolved than I. In a world with so much hate, violence, murder and war, these good people down in Pennsylvania stand as an inspiration to us all. We should all take note and support them in their efforts.

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory