Sunday, October 29, 2006

A Glitch has Occurred

I'm still here, near Ottawa that is. On the way back home from dropping my last load of tools to my storage location a warning light appeared on my truck dash. Unfortunately, my mechanic had already gone for the day as it was Saturday and after noon. I did not want to chance driving through the blizzard currently hitting Northern Ontario with a warning light. Alas, I have figured out the problem and said light has disappeared. Divine intervention one might conclude. Perhaps I was not supposed to drive through such a storm. My nature would not have stopped me just for a storm. I have driven through many and in fact make my living in part with dealing with such storms. Alas, all is back on track and we will be leaving Monday instead!.

Thanks for the comment Jerry. In the study I referred to there was a 3 percent change from those whohad taken the placebo and those that didn't, so there is evidence that at least in some cases the shots do work. My experience with them was the exact opposite. My wife , kids and myself took them about two years after they came out. We all got sick immediately and my yougest daughter severely so. In fairness, we may have been sick before the shots and had not shown symptoms yet. We haven't taken them since despite the fact that they are free in Ontario. I might also add that we have all been significantly ill for over a month now as the current round of flu seems to keep going around my family and back again to no end. Perhaps they have improved the science since my attempt or since the study was done, I believe at a Minnesota hosptial. Thanks again for relating your experience and I hope that you and yours are not simply one of the lucky three percent!

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 7:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory