Sunday, November 12, 2006

Computers and Paper

A recent report says that Canadians are using more paper than ever despite the use of computers. It was expected that paper use would drop significantly the more we embraced the digital era. Now the experts are saying that this will change as we become more comfortable with data storage. I beg to differ. Now I'm no expert on digital data storage but I have had extensive negative experiences with the concept. I initially embraced the use of data storage, to the point of using it for all my business and tax needs. What I hadn't counted on was the fact that one operating system to the next wouldn't be able to retrieve the backed up data. When the need arose, I went through consider time and expense trying to recover this data from files that my new computers were not able to read. I now print everything that I do for business on the computer. So I can say, without any doubt, that the digital age has far from saved me from the use of paper. While the computers have saved me time and effort in the day to day operation of my business it has not really saved me time in the log run. Perhaps for larger data bases this would be the case, but it has not been fore.

HI DADDY :)love you from nicole

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:56 p.m.  

Thank You for your comment and oh, by the way, I love you too honey!!!!!

Your Dad.

By Blogger Wil Smith, at 8:10 p.m.  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory