Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mohammad and Abraham

There is a fundamental truth which evades me. Many times I have contemplated this question but a logical answer just doesn't come to mind. So correct me if I'm wrong. According to my understanding Muslims are considered the sons and daughters of Mohammad and Jews are considered the sons and daughters of Abraham. Abraham and Mohammad were brothers. So if I'm not mistaken, this family feud has been taking untold numbers of lives for a very long time.

I can't help but wonder what Abraham and Mohammad might say about this today. How would they react to their personal responsibility for all these deaths resulting from their feud? In the face of all this slaughter might they not choose to end their fight or not even start it in the first place if the knowledge was foresight? I wonder.

Labels: ,


Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Blogwise - blog directory